Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day + coupon deal *EXPIRED*

I am soo excited for V-day this year because . . . . .

We are celebrating  with dinner and a movie. Not any movie though, Lady and the Tramp! One of my all time favorite Disney movies. It was just released on DVD with an great coupon deal.

There is a  Lady and the Tramp coupon available.  You can save $5 on the 2disk Blue Ray combo pack or $8 off the 3disk combo pack.

You just need to enter a code from a DVD or VHS copy of the movie at Disney Movie Rewards. ( I googled for my UPC)

Plus at Safeway right now they have this deal

So all of that for just 19.99!!! Great Deal, huh?

 We are having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner of course, and for desert we are treating ourselves to a sundae bar with all the fixings.


 Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs 

 What makes this recipe so easy, is I use store bought sauce. I would love to make homemade spaghetti sauce, but my kiddos don't like it much. I have to say it tastes better than would be expected from store bought. I think that is due to the sauce simmering for an extended amount of time. 

    2 (30 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
    2 lbs lean ground beef
    2 eggs
    ¾ cup dry breadcrumbs
    ¼ cup fresh parsley , chopped
    1 garlic clove , minced
    ½-1 teaspoon salt
    ¼ cup parmesan cheese
    1 lb cooked spaghetti

Directions:
Place sauce in a large saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
In large bowl mix beef, eggs, crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt and Parmesan.
Shape into 18 meatballs.
Place meatballs in simmering sauce.
When sauce returns to a simmer, cover and cook 30-35 minutes (or more!) till cooked through.
Serve sauce and meatballs over warm spaghetti.

  Overall great Because I love you day with the kids and Hub.

UPDATED Deal over!

No comments: