Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meeting the Lorax + Printable

Today, the hubs and I took the kiddos to Dr. Suess' The Lorax. It was a cute movie. I still however, prefer the book, but Danny DeVito was excellent as the Lorax.


The kids LOVED it. Our families all time favorite kids movie is Despicable Me, and the same team did a great job on The Lorax. (by the way, a number 2 Despicable Me is in the works, due out sometime in 2013 eek! love Steve Carell) The Lorax's  has a good message to SAVE THE TREES and a greener planet. I think they did a much better job at getting the healthier environment point across to the kids than Wall-e and Happy Feet.

Prior to the movie, I made up some Lorax mustaches. I thought it would be cute to wear at the movie. My kiddos so kindly pointed out immediately that the color was wrong. 



Bumble Bee and T-Bird did love their mustaches though. They played with them through out the night.

 In case you need one I made stencil below :)


After getting home we made cupcakes! They turned out pretty cute if I don't say so myself. Tanner wasn't really interested in making them, but Brooklyn is always reading to bake. I can see her becoming a baker :) The cupcakes were chocolate with vanilla frosting. We used paper straws and cotton candy for the tree's. Tanner joined in, when it was time to eat.


We started some gardening after we filled our bellies with sweets. I felt it was a fitting way to end the fun day. Brooklyn and Tanner really enjoy gardening. . . okay, well they really enjoy digging in the garden for worms, but its better than nothing. 

No comments: