Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

The truth is I like Valentines Day better than any other holiday. It's not because the pretend romance or the lovey dovey gifts (okay, maybe its the chocolate a little). It is because everything is so pretty. I love Valentine's Day decor!! Red, pink and pastels everywhere; hearts, cupids, puppy dogs with sad eyes.

The thing I love best though, are the Valentine's day cards. Especially vintage ones. They are so sweet. With sayings like, "Wool you be my Valentine? I needle lots of romance" or "I'd be upset if you say no, Canoe be my valentine?" how could you not love them. They really used to know how to charm a lady :)


from funnyordie 


Aren't they just splendid! Because of my love affair with Valentines day, I have a few different valentine's card ideas. I will post them through out the next week or so. Maybe I will be able to inspire you to make your own homemade cards this year.

To Gnome you, is to love you!


My gnome nephew volunteered to pose for a valentines card! Ain't he too cute! 

To create the gnome costume make a cone hat. Cover the hat with felt or any extra material you have lying around. Using the printable below, trace and cut out the beard out of felt. Attach the beard to the hat by string or cutting the side burn area of the beard extra long like I had. Add a few extra touches and Viola!



2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the Gnome! He fits the part so well, I think he may have to be one for Halloween.

Alyssa said...

Ooh I would LOVE to help make a good gnome costume :)