Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Personal Party Planner: Sesame Street

Theme:
Can you tell me how to get to (child's name) Birthday Party? and Today was brought to you by the letter S and the number 1 (child's initial and age) or Sunny days keeping the clouds away

Colors:
Primary, Elmo Red, Big Bird Yellow, Cookie Monster Blue, Oscar the Grouch Green, Ernie Orange

Invitation:
A few I liked from Etsy stores






Decorations:
Big Bird Feet walking up to party (printable freebie here)


Use the template to cut out Big bird foot prints on yellow construction paper. Place foot prints walking up to party. . . like on side walk or a trail!





Pom Pom Characters




I love these poms I made! I rounding Burt and Ernie's tips, cutting Big Birds at a sharp point and the monsters with a perfect triangle cut. I purchased a PDF file of the faces from IParty (her etsy store is suddenly gone) for $7. I printed the images out on full sheet mailing labels to make the face stickers. You can then re-use the file for many more things, balloons, favor bags, and more.

I think Whirly rainbow lollipops would add a great pop of extra color.





 I hand painted this sign for my twin nephew's birthday. It really added a great piece of decor for just pennies.



Games:
Cookie Monster fur tissue game printable freebie here Have the image blown up and purchase Cookie monster blue tissue paper and a glue stick. Have each kid, blindfolded or not, glue the "fur-small pieces of tissue" onto Cookie's body.
Ernie's rubber ducky game
Stock up on rubber duckies. You can get them at Oriental Trading for as cheap as $4 per dozen. Hide the duckies throughout the party place. Explain to the kids Ernie lost his rubber ducky and he is very sad. Have a scavenger hunt for the rubber duckies. Make a cute sign with game title and a sad Ernie to put close by.


Oscar's trash can toss
Buy a small silver trash can or you could also paint a picture of a trash can to wrap around a bucket. Crumble up paper or old newspaper or do it after presents and use the wrapping paper and toss it into Oscars can. Make sure to add another sign. A stuffed Oscar would be super cute too.


Food:
Recipe Card also here


Elmo's goldfish
Fill three or so small beta fish bowls with blue jello. Place a few swedish fish inside the jello to look as if they are swimming.  A thrift store may have bowls for cheap. Add a tag saying something like Dorothy's family or Elmo's Goldfish with a picture of him. Put the note on a stick and poke it into the middle of the bowl.



Cookies Monsters Cookie and Vegetable tray
Add a note nearby saying something like Eat your veggies before your Cookies with a picture of Cookie Monster on it.



I made Cookie Monster cupcakes in a prior post here. You can easily make Elmo too.


Prior to the party, I also like to put a scoop of ice cream in a cupcake liner and refreeze. It makes for  faster pass out. Don't forget to put a special label at each station food, game, presents, etc. It really helps add special touches of decor without spending much. I am a big fan of labeling food and games for extra decor.



Favor:
i am totally stealing the favor idea from my Sister-in-law. Super Grover Capes!! They were similar to the ones below. But all she did was make small red capes and attached a letter G to the back with Stitch Witchery. They were absolutely adorable.

2 comments:

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

This is adorable. I love love love the pom pom characters! I found your blog through Free Pretty Little things. I am your newest follower. Keep it up. Love it!

Alyssa said...

Thank you! One of my fav projects were the pom pom characters as well :) Imagine all the possibilities too! It makes me giddy lol

If you like me on Facebook too, you will be entered to win a $25 Etsy giftcard