Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

     Me want cookie! Me want cookie in cupcake!

Quite a few tutorials have been circulating around for these adorable Cookie Monster cupcakes, but when my sister-in-law asked me to help make 80 of them, I realized the recipes I'd seen, would have to be simplified. So for all those out there with little time, large quantities needed, bad bakers, or tree-nut allergies, here is what we did. 

1. Baked the perfect cupcakes,
 cut a slit just above the wrapper, and added a small cookie.
I used Target brand (like chips ahoy) cookies.

2. Blend store bought white frosting and NEON blue food coloring.
Must use neon, with regular blue you must use too much coloring and
the blue still isn't bright enough in my opinion . Use a star tip to apply fur.
I found it easiest to add fur under cookie first, then finish the top.

3. Turn white chocolate melting chip upside down and add black dots for eyes.
Perfect eyes is what sets apart the good and the bad I found.
So be sure to make the pupils M&M size with one pointing up and
one pointing to the left or right. I have seen a lot of people use
M&M for eyes but my sister in law wanted black and
that would have cost an addition eight dollars per forty.

Easy and Cookie Monster approved!

No comments: