Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mustaches with Martha

     Recently while perusing the craft store, I stumbled upon a new multipurpose paint from Martha Stewart Crafts.  The back reads:
                   Use on wood, glass, metal and fabric. Indoor/Outdoor. Water based.
                 Non-Toxic. Weather Resistant. Shake. Dry 1 hr between coats. For Glass:
                   Clean surface with alcohol. Cure 21 days. Top-Rack dishwash.

     Glass? I couldn't believe it. I have always used Pebeo Porcelaine Paint. This would not only simplify the process, but also add a wide range of colors to use. What could I test the new miracle paint out on? Mustache mugs, of course. I have seen a variety of these babies floating around, and have been dying for an excuse to whip some up. Here are my clever mugs 21 days after painting.

And they made it through the dishwasher. Yipee! Oh Martha, how you continuously knock my socks off.

mustache


Also that night, T-bird needed a class treat. So we quickly through together 26 mustache suckers. So cute!





No comments: