Monday, April 2, 2012

Library Scavenger hunt! Free Printable

This week is T-Bird  and Bumble Bee's spring break. 

For the first time in T-Bird's life, Mommy won't be home for him (I am very sad). So while I am at school for four hours each day, T and B are going to the. . . . (dun, dun, dun) BABYSITTERS! Not that she is a bad babysitter, she is wonderful. It's just my kiddos are use to staying home with me in their own home.......with their toys.......and their neighbors....... their own snack bin.

I want to make it up to them. While I am DYING to share all the wonderful things I've been working on, I have to wait, because this week is KID week!

Today we had a Library Scavenger Hunt! While on our way home from the babysitters, we stopped by the post office.
That is where the kiddos received this postcard from Waldo.


(Mommy was a little sneaky! That morning I put the postcard in the mail box and headed over to the library and asked the nice librarian if she could please put a clue in Dr. Suess' One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish right before 1:00. 

Once at the library, the kiddos found our first book on the table in 'kid's area'. While reading this fav. Dr. Seuss book, I pulled the note out of my bag that was the next clue and read it once we finished One fish Two Fish. 

It read: "A told B and B told C, I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree." I got the cutest response ever! In a loud, very non-library voice, Bumble Bee shouted Chica Chica BOOM BOOM! 



After reading each book, a new clue was given, The next clue was more about a series rather than a specific book. It read: These books are about a Chiwawa dude, not a Siamese cat!

Side note....We LOVE Skippy Jon Jones books, especially on CD!!! If  you haven't ever listened to it on CD your child is truly missing out. The author Judy Schachner does an incredible job reading in character.

 It took them a minute or two, but after I said the clue in my best Spanish accent, they got it. 


Next clue read: Put on your best bathing suits and let's meet the hippo's at BELLY BUTTON BEACH! Bumble Bee has a thing with her belly b, whenever she is tired, she plays with it. It's like her security blanket. We love the author Sandra Boynton too!

"This doggy doesn't like bones." Okay, Okay! So this clue wasn't my best. The kids had a hard time, I had to help with this one.


Once they finished reading "If You Give A Dog A Bone," they were a little pooped out so while I still had clues for "Shark vs. Train," "The true Story of the Three Little Pigs," and "Green Eggs and Ham," I shortened the reading list up and cut them out. The last clue read "Mommy loves you to the moon and back." They instaintly knew the book but did not know the title. They called it the Bunny Love book. Cute.


Finally after reading their last book, I gave them this last letter from Waldo.

So we went home and had ice cream sundaes :)

But guess what?

I made extra's!! Please have a library savenger hunt, have a 'Where's Waldo' party or just send a postcard or letter to someone from Waldo.
Just add you kiddos name and Waldo's signature. Or even erase the message on the postcard and add your own :) I give you permission to go WILD :)




No comments: