Thursday, April 5, 2012

Playing with food

My kids love to cook! Especially Miss Bee. Tanner loves to eat :) Which is a big change from the awfully picky toddler he was. So today we experimented in the kitchen. . . ALL DAY!!!

Unfortunately, I was having too much fun and forgot to take pictures.

I woke the kiddos up with a pancake buffet. All the pancakes were fun shapes like mouse/bear, the first letter of their name, hearts, etc. The buffet was set up with a variety of cut up fruit, peanut butter, nutella, chocolate chips, whip cream, syrup, strawberry topping, jam and chocolate sauce. Of course, I supervised how many sweets were put on those pancakes :) My sweet boy had soo much fun making his own concoctions, he ended up eating four pancakes!!!

We were very full from the pancake smorgasbord, so we all cuddled on the couch and watched Disney's Ratatouille

For snack, we made peanut butter celery sticks with a twist. I saw this snack a while ago on Better Homes and Gardens. I knew the kids would have fun making and eating these! I used the left over fruit from breakfast too!

After snack we made the two desserts I planned to bring to Easter dinner. Both recipes I found via Pinterest.



This dessert is so delishous, but it is very rich! I decided to leave out the powered sugar.



Mmmhm, this cheese cake is delish and super easy! We topped it with the extra strawberry topping also left over from that morning!

My little chef's had a few too many tastes of these sweet treats.

We needed a healthy lunch, STAT! We had homemade lunchables, grapes, and a Blueberry smoothie.

Blue Berry Smoothie
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 a banana
1/2 cup of ice

Blend the ice, banana, honey, and blueberries on a high speed. I topped each glass with a few whole blueberries and a strawberry.

For mid afternoon snack, we had good old fashioned air popped popcorn. My kiddos LOVE watching our popcorn maker LOL

For dinner we made KABOBS!!! They kids totally enjoyed putting all the cut up veggies and pineapple on the kabobs. I put on all the raw meat, which they were a little sad about. But watching dad cook the kabobs over a flame was exciting :)

The kids were pooped out on cooking and still may have had a little too much sweets from baking earlier so we skipped out on dessert after dinner.

We had so much fun. I will defiantly be inviting my kiddos into the kitchen more often!

No comments: