Thursday, April 12, 2012

Freezer Meals

One of my goals of my spring break is to find and try recipes that can be made ahead of time. Baseball season just started and dinner, more often than not, is take out those nights. I do not want to go that route AGAIN this year.

I found a super great food blog overall, really. But what I like the best is her LONG list of YUMMY make ahead meals.

Joelen, of What's Cookin Chicago has AH-MAZING recipes.

Her post Freezer Friendly Make Ahead Meals has like 40 recipes! I have personally tried her baked shrimp scampi, best ever beef dip sandwiches, cheddar and cracker chicken, chili rubbed pork spar ribs and swiss mac n' cheese. They were delicious! We have only tried the pork chop recipe after being froze though. And I have to recommend that if you have little ones, you may want to cut down the amount of chili powder or red pepper.

Joelen has a million more tasty posts. I can't wait to tackle more of her recipes. I think it's well worth all of you taking a look, if you already haven't seen her blog :)




No comments: