Friday, March 23, 2012

The Drive In's

T-Bird has been awesome at school lately (20 days in a row on perfect behavior!!) He totally deserved a celebration. He asked to invite his cousins over for a movie and treats. I thought that was a perfect idea, but I just had to add a little PIZAZZ to the event. And that is when I came up with a Drive In Movie Party!

When the kiddos got to our house, we all sat down at the table and decorated License Plates. One of the boys did his in hieroglyphics LOL It was a great activity to calm down from the excitement of a party. 

(after the cars were all decorated)

After taping their finished license plate to the back of their car, we decorated large boxes (I have to admit, it was hard to find four large boxes for free) like cars, while watching an episode of Spongebob learning to drive.





After their cars were done, I gave each child a driver's license; a rectangle sugar cookie with a mock driver's license iced on it (I spaced taking a picture). Giving the kids permission to drive to the movies and park :)

As the kids got settled into their cars, we watched Cars, and I cooked nachos. Perfect Drive Ins food.



They all were still hungry after nachos, of course. So as I put in Cars 2, I passed out cute paper popcorn bags overflowing with popcorn and licorice just like the drive ins.

The kids had soo much fun and just loved their cars. All four little ones stayed in their boxes for almost every minute of the nearly five hours.

J won Best Car! Look at the killer flames down the side ;)






No comments: