Friday, March 9, 2012

Dining Room Art

There has been a large, blank spot on the wall,  in my dinning room area for a few months now. I needed to fill it in quick for my sanity. What do I want to hang there though?? 

A week ago or so, I decided this had to be dealt with.......NOW.

 I searched the web and other blogs but found nothing. I bought  a few decor magazines and still came up empty handed. I looked through my Pinterest and still not a thing was catching my eye. . I was completely stumped.

 Until I remembered prior to finding Pinterest, I would save pictures of decor ideas to multiple folders on my desktop. In the dining room folder, I found a couple pictures of  plates hanging on the wall. I  fell in love all over again. 

 I did NOT want to go out and purchase expensive matching decoration plates. I hit up my local thrift store and figured out to look only for shape and detail in a plate, and not judge it on its color.

I found seven completely different plates that I loved. I also stopped by the local hardware store and picked up two bottles of Rust-oleum's Painters Touch Ultra Coverage in gloss white.

These are the plates i found, in all their prepainted glory. (I later replaced the sharp angled one on the right side with a much cuter one with a doily look)


So as you can see, these plates would look hideous on the wall grouped together. But after two coats of white spray paint they look FABULOUS!



The trick to hanging the plates are DiskHangers. I forgot to take a picture of how the disk hangers work. This is a picture from their website.

It was so easy to hang the plates with these. Well worth the cost, which isn't bad.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: