Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thrift Store Revamp: Timeout Bench

Not sure who made up with the saying Terrible Two's, but apparently they hadn't reached the Three's yet, because I tell ya, they are soooo much worse!! I am thinking the phrase should be reconsidered and reclaimed as "Terrible Toddler's". Much more fitting, don't 'cha think?

As you can probably tell above, Ms. Bumble Bee's got a attitude and is a little trouble maker! So when I found this absolutely adorable timeout bench at the thrift store over the weekend, I had to grab it. Exactly what she needs, a spot all her own when in time out. 

 
I couldn't leave it how it was though. Someone had doodled all over it, and the left front corner looked chewed on. I bet by a Terrible Toddler.  

After sanding, three layers of spray paint, first white, next black, then creme, and more sanding, I am pleased with the final result.


Okay, so I went a little overboard on the aging effect.  But it's my favorite part of revamping. I love sanding layers off, exposing different colors underneath. I love love love the yellow, blue, and red just barely peeking out beneath the other paint layers on the letters. Now it has so much character!

Of course, I have to share a picture of the timeout bench in action.



Sassy like mom probably wasn't the right shirt for this photo opportunity, but I had to capture that lip.






No comments: